Wednesday 12 November 2014

Why Do You Read Music Magazines?

Why Do You Read Music Magazines? 


In our current generation it is has become increasingly more unlikely to see young people reading magazines because of the growing development in technology, not only has it effected our literature, ibooks, but now it is attacking magazines. Unlike the majority, I still enjoy flicking through the pages of a magazine. I appreciate the hard work gone into creating a magazine, the decisions as to what is going to make it to this months cut. I am guilty of picking up magazines, reading a few articles and putting it back. My favourite to which is not common, are big lengthy articles because i enjoy reading and I can appreciate the time put into it, immersing myself in the pages and into the minds of the writer but regardless of my opinions I need to why others like to read music magazines.

Do you read music magazines?
I dont really read music magazines because I dont usually read magazines in general but I have seen some and do think they look quite interesting.
I read music magazines quite often a favourite of mine being Fader because its an indie hip-hop magazine and is very fashion related to things which I love. Its really out there and different and i guess thats why I can appreciate it so much.

Why do you read music magazines?
As stated before I dont tend to read music magazines.
Why?
Well, Im not that interested in music so it doesnt appeal to me on that level but I have seen some that I would consider reading because they look more like fashion magaines. Really arty and fun.
I read them because Im in love with the idea that I can pick up a magazine and get to know a band or an artist through an interview so well that I begin to feel like I know them which is quite incredible. Also recently I've noticed how music magazines have almost become fashion magazines, of course you can tell its a music magazine from the contents of it, but most covers now look so funky that you might mistake it for a fashion magazine.

What is your favourite part of a music magazine?
Considering that I've never sat down to read one, the thing I like the most, as said before, is the really arty cover. I think they're so funky and cool.
My favourite part of a music magazine is the really long essay like interviews, you find especially in wire, because as previously stated I love that you get to know the interviewee so well. I think its wonderful we can feel that close with an artist.

Letti.Media.Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment